Friday, February 16, 2018

Little Things

February brings with it so many conflicting emotions for me.

My mom's birthday falls in this month, but she no longer remembers that fact. The winter wind and chilly temperatures seem to burrow right through me, but Punxsutawny Phil taunts me with the idea that we still have more winter in store than I care for.


And while the days are getting longerI no longer drive home from chauffeuring the children in the darksummer seems just too far off to even adequately picture sunny skies and sandy, Michigan beaches (yes, Walloon Lake is already calling to me).

On days when the conflict gets to be too much, I look for the little things to get me through. Little things like:

A cup of hot tea

       Chocolate-covered pretzels

A new story idea

       Smiles from my kids

A kind word from a colleague

       A friend's triumph

The realization that it is, indeed a Friday.

I hope your Friday is going well and that you find what you need to make it through the next few weeks of winter.

Happy Writing!

~Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment