Sunday, May 15, 2016

Summer Goals

Despite the cool temps peppering this area of the country, summer is almost upon us. Yes, it's May 15, and my children have four more days of school. And then? They'll be out until mid-August.

As any mom knows, summer is when the real work begins. I need to be more on top of the tasks around here because everyone is home. The house will be messier, we'll have more clothes to wash (thank you, summer heat), and cooking? I don't look forward to the number of meals I'll have to put together between next Friday and August 17.

Of course, I'll have four helpers who can aid in all of those tasks...

But the one thing they can't help me with is writing. How am I to get my writing and editing done with four pairs of little feet home 24/7? It's a question I ask myself every summer, and every summer, I put together a list of priorities. What can I realistically accomplish this summer in between pool visits, beach vacations, and taking care of the kids?


This summer, I don't have much on my list except for two items:
1. Keep up with my Literary Mama duties.
2. Revise After We've Fallen.

And while the list may be short, those two tasks are monumental. If at the end of the summer I have accomplished them, I'll be able to give myself an enormous pat on the back.

Do you have any summer goals? Feel free to share them with us!

Happy Writing!

~Christina

1 comment:

  1. Great reminder to set realistic goals and chip away at them over the summer! I'm going to finish a rough draft of a suspense/ detective manuscript you've challenged me to complete. Thanks, Christina. It's time. Forward!

    ReplyDelete